Monday, April 8, 2013

Position Accepted

It has been a while since my last post on here. Since the last entry, I have switched continents (and by default countries as well).  Maybe I'll fill in some of our experiences from this 8 month gap, but for this entry I'm going to focus on our big piece of news.

We have accepted an assistant professor position at the University of Mississippi starting this July.  Thankfully, the interviewing for positions went well for us and we had a few options of places to go.  After ample deliberation about where we wanted to be, we are excited to be moving to Oxford, Mississippi soon. We are both very excited about this opportunity and planting our feet for a while.

University of Mississippi Logo


We have been looking at houses recently, which I find both exciting and somewhat intimidating. (That is a lot of debt the banks are willing to hand over!) We will being going to Mississippi this weekend to look at some of the houses on our list of around 25 or so. All of these are potentially places to settle down at and begin raising a family.  Finally, living the dream :)  I am ready for the white picket fence and my 2.4 kids...or whatever it is now.

In the mean time, Leah has helped me get a website together for my group.  You can check it out at www.delcampgroup.com.  I am ready to get this group going !  I have been very fortunate to already have two members agree to join me and begin research in July. The process of gaining group members moves a lot slower for many people; so I am counting my blessings toward getting a jump start with regard to the career.  Everyone from the chemistry department has been incredibly supportive and kind to us during this process.

Leah will be opening a full time photography studio once we move.  She has been gearing up her website www.behindalens.com and watching countless courses on starting personal business in photography.  I'm excited she finally gets the opportunity to move forward with her career goals which she has near had to completely suspend while we were in Switzerland and then temporarily here in Atlanta.

In short we're moving to the south, buying rocking chairs for the front porch and I am going to punish the sweet tea like it is nobody's business.

The square at Oxford, Mississippi

The Ole Miss Campus



No comments:

Post a Comment